What’s the water temperature?
The water temperature will be around 19 ºC, so the wetsuit is necessary.
Why do I need a license? And how much does it cost?
The triathletes that compete in Olympic distance or long distance in Spain need a license by the Spanish Triathlon Federation or another country that is inside the ITU. The athletes that don’t have the yearly license have to buy a one-day license with a price that is individual for each event and that appears in the price tab of the website.
How is the road surface?
The road surface is completely new and perfect for the Bike course, extremely flat course.
How can I make the reserve of my free transfer from Amsterdam airport?
ICAN offers free service from the airport. Fill the information in your registration form and include number of people (adults and chidren), number of bikes and official or collaborator hotel where you are. After you always have to confirm the transportation sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the race formalities, nutrition, Special Need bags, etc
Before the race
1) Bike Park opening at 05:00
2) Keep time to pump the tyres, place the containers, etc. You can access to Bike Park until 06:45. You won’t have access to transition zone in the moments previous to the start.
3) Warm up since 06:30 and forward in the zone closet o the swim start. Check that you have your swim cap with the number, chip and goggles.
4) Relax and focus on the swim segment. Think about your strategy!
5) Single start. Pro athletes start from a zone closer to the water. The athletes of the age groups start 20 metres behind.
6) The Special Need bags of Bike and Run must be left before entering the check in zone the day of the race.
1) You are responsible of guaranteeing that your number is visible during the whole race. In the back for the bike segment and in the front for the run segment.
2) Place the number using a race belt or a safety pin.
How many tickets can I have for Pasta Party with my registration?
Each participant has two tickets for Pasta Party and Family Lounge. Remember that children under 14 don’t have to pay. Remember you can also buy extra tickets when you make your number pick up.
TRANSITION 1: SWIM – BIKE
1) The wetsuit (if it’s permitted) can be taken off in any moment in the way from the exit of the water to the transition tent, but you must carry it with you and leave it in the appropriate place in the transition tent.
2) You must take your Bike Bag and change your clothes inside the transition tent and keep your swim equipment inside the Bike Bag.
3) All the time there are going to be volunteers to help you.
4) When you get out of the tent, live the Bike Bag in the appropriate place.
5) Take your bike and remember that before you start you must have the helmet on and correctly fasten. You can only go on the bike and start pedaling in the marked point.
TRANSITION 2: BIKE – RUN
1) Remember you must step on the carpet so the chip can control your time. You must get off the bike in the indicated point that will be properly marked. Going on the bike in the transition zone is not allowed.
2) Take your bike to the point marked with your number, where you picked it up previously.
3) Take your Run Bag and change clothes in the transition tent.
4) Leave your bag in the place assigned for it and start running.
What’s the Family Lounge?
The Family Lounge is an element that makes ICAN different, where your family and companions can wait for you during and after the race and take a drink or eat something, all together. It’s the meeting point after the race.
How can I follow the participants during the race?
It’s possible follow the participants with the on line following system that will be activated in the website of each event in www.icantriathlon.com, introducing the name of the participant or the number you can follow the partial times.
How do I register?
You can register on line in our website. You can also contact with us for any clarification.